This article describe you how to Configuring DHCP role on Windows Server 2012.
Prerequisites: Server 2012
1. Log on to Domain Controller/Server using the Domain id and credentials.
2. Click Tools in the upper-right corner of the Server Manager window and then click DHCP to open the DHCP console.
3. Double-click <server name> in the middle pane and then double-click IPv4
4. Right-click IPv4 in the left pane and then click New Scope.
5. Click Next on the Welcome screen.
6. Type Name of network according to your business requirement in the Name field and then click Next.
7. Type Address (Which is created for the VLAN) in the Start IP address field and then after that type in the End IP address field for the specific VLAN.
After that Verify that xxx.xxx.xxx.0 appears in the Subnet mask field and then click Next. Here you can choose Length as well but do not change it as per recommendation.
8.On the next page Click Next to accept the default setting of no exclusions. If you want to exclude any IP which you don’t want to assign just type here.
The IP addresses that appear in the exclusion list will not be available for assignment by DHCP.
9. Click Next to accept the default lease duration.
By default, the lease duration is 8 days.
10. Verify that Yes, I want to configure these options now is selected and then click Next.
11. On the Next page you have to provide Router (Default Gateway) IP Type xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, click Add, and then click Next.
12. Here you have to check or Verify that your (parent domain) is appears in the Parent domain field.
13. Check that Start IP has been added to the IP address field as show in above diagram.
14. If your environment servers are running on WINS server then click Next in the WINS Servers page and type the IP for that.
15. Here Verify that Yes, I want to activate this scope now is selected and then click Next. Click Finish.
Recommendation: Do not activate Scope from here, after creation of new Scope go to that scope settings and cross check all the settings which you have done and then activate from there.