This Article describes How to Configure an ESXi host as an NTP client.
1. Select your ESXi host in the inventory and click the Configuration tab.
2. In the Software panel, click Time Configuration.
3. View the current settings, which show that the NTP client is stopped and that no NTP server is defined.
4. In the Time Configuration dialog box, perform the following actions.
Option Action > Date and Time > Record the date and time > NTP Configuration
Select the NTP Client Enabled check box and click Options.
5. In General > Select the Start and stop with host check box.
6. In the NTP Daemon Options dialog box, click Add.
Type the NTP server name or IP address:
10.10.10.10 (Your NTP Server IP) > Click OK to close the Add NTP Server window. Select the Restart NTP service to apply changes check box and click OK.
7. Click OK to exit the Time Configuration dialog box.
8. Verify that the Time Configuration pane lists the NTP server that you added and that the NTP Client is listed as Running.