Today we will see use of VMWare vCenter Converter Standalone tool.
How to install and How to use for Physical to Virtual migration ( P2V ) and Virtual to Virtual migration ( V2V ).
1. First you need to download this software from VMWare website.
2. After download start installing on Jumbbox or Terminal server from where you can access your infrastructure.
3. Click on next and follow the installaiton steps.
Now start using this tool
1. Double click on desktop icone and it will prompt your a window for IP/FQDN and ID, Password.
3. Now First screen you can see and from here you can perform task.
4. Now it will ask you Source and Destination Details
here it will give you two options for Source : (A)Powered On (B) Powered Off.
Under Drop down list you can choose : Remote Windows Machine or Linux.
Now Specify the Credential for the Source Machine.
It will give you security warning. Ignore the same.
5. On the next page it will ask you for Destination Details
Here you have to provide vCenter Server ip and credential.
6. Now it will show you vCenter, Cluster or Esxi host as per you vCenter design.
7. Provide the Name for this machine.
8. Select the destination Location like Storage ( Datastore ) and Virtual Machine Hardware Version.
Some Recommendation for P2V
1. Remove the PSP drivers from OS.
2. Remove the firmware drivers from OS.
3. Remove any Driver which belongs to Physical Components.
It will start using Memory and CPU from Guest OS and when window trying to access the component it will not able to find so in that situation it will give you unwanted error or warrning.