What is vRealize Automation and Why Shoud i use it.
When you are working with MNC or SMB they are using hardware and software components from multiple vendors.Like HP, Dell, Cisco, SUN, Nutanix etc. If you want to create multivender cloud infrastructure in that sitaution you can use VMware vRealize Automation to create and manage a multivendor cloud .
vRealize Automation help your organisaton and you can achive:
1. End users can self-provision virtual machines,
2. Cloud machines,
3. Physical machines,
4. Applications, and IT services according to policies defined by administrators.
vRealize Automation (VRA) you can download as Appliance and deploy as VM.
2. Iaas ( Windows Platform )
3. DB MS SQL
** There are lots of more Components we will talk later.
After deployment of Appliance initial task you have to perform as per your organisation.
1. Deploy VRA appliance and access via 5480 port. http://IPorFQDN:5480
2. After that you have to provide User name and Password ( default is root and vmware1! )
3. There are some basic task and details you have to provide. like Time Server details and Time Zone as per your region mention in below Screenshot.
4. Now you have to go to VRA Settings tab and here you have to do Host Configuration and SSL configuration.
In first half you have to select Host Configuration : Resolve Automatically
In Second half you have to select SSL Configuration : if you are using first time then go with Generate Certificate otherwise you have existing SSL Certificate from your own organisation or 3rd party you can use that one aswell.
5. Now provide the Identity Source. If you have existing SSO (vCenter 5.5) then you can use it otherwise you have other option aswell. what is that you can download open source Identity Appliance and it is compatible with VRA chech the HCI list for the same.
6. Now talk about Database because VRA need to save data and information somewhere so we need database for the same. VRA comes with Embedded database which is vPostgres.
7. Very important thing you have to do is Provide License key.
Now time to Login into VRA appliance and take a look how it looks like.
2. This is first look here you will see vsphere.local will be default Tenants.
Now You have to Install Iaas component of VRA.
First thing which comes in your mind is from where to download it ?
Simple Go to browser and type : http://applianceIP-or-FQDN/ and enter
Now click on 3rd option to install vRealize Automation Iaas components on widnows.
it will redirect to http://applianceIP-or-FQDN:5480/installer
** Note: After download the Iaas setup make sure right click and unlock the same.
Some Pre-requisites to install Iaas.
1. .Net 4.5.x
3. Adminsitrator Rights
4. Some Commands
1. i have pre-created script so that i do not need to install component again and again.
2. Run this command : Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy remotesigned
3. After installation of .Net and Java you have to run this script.ps
4. it will install Server Manager and IIS ( Web Page ) and
5. Now Open the Iaas installation setup and run the same so that it can install Iaas components.
Note: Must run this setup with Admin rights or with Local administrator.
6. Here you have to provide user name and password for the VRA appliance serve with which you want to integrate or install.
7. Whether you want to go with complete install or custome install here you can select.
8. On this page it will run pre-requisite check and verify that all the components are installed or not. if not then it will show you Red or cross mark. In this screenshot all are Green that means all the components are installed.
if you are getting Red then need to check and install that component first.
Note: If you are getting Red then you have choice to bypass the same but not recommended.
9. Once the installation is done click Next.
10. Here It will automatically pick the user name from widnows system you have to provide password only and in passphrase you can put same password
In MS SQL option you can use widnows credential or use seperate user name and password.
11. Here it will show you DEM worker name Leave default.
12. Here you have to provide SSO default Tenant ( vpshere.local ) or could be differnet as per organisation. In Certificate option click on Download.
In SSO Administrator tab you have to provide user name and password and also click on Test it will let you know the connectivity status. whether it is ok or not. Also check the Iaas Server status aswell.
13. Final Page you will get click on install and it’s ready to use.